Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Trains and Tools

Tonight I asked my five year old nephew if he would like me to write him a short story and post it online. He said.. "Sure, Aunt Tia... if you can do that..."
I then asked him what he wanted me to write about. He said trains and tools. Trains and tools?  OMG! I am so  in over my head! What to do? What to do?
I will write him a short story about trains because I love him and that is what he wants, but I know nothing about trains. Heck, I don't even know what kind of trains he likes other than the little blue train we all know and love.
I know why he wants tools added to the story. My eighteen year old son won a toolbox full of tools a few weeks ago at a car show. Micheal has been trying for years to win that same box of tools.  Alex decided that he needed tools like his older cousin too so he has pestered all of us to either buy him a toolbox (his mom did by the way) or give him our tools to put in it.  But I am not sure he is ready for a story about a sad broke down train that needs repairs...lol.  Someday; but not today. Today he is still just a five year old little boy who loves trains.

No comments:

Post a Comment