Monday, January 5, 2015

Driving Ms. Tamilu

Well somehow I have twisted my knee into a position it didn't like and now it's wrapped waiting for an orthopedic appointment I will have to make tomorrow.

Tonight though, I am thankful.
Thankful that I made it home alive. Heck I am thankful I made it to the hospital in one piece. I love my oldest son but that boy cannot drive and he isn't taking direction from me well either. Of course it could be because I was screaming at the top of my lungs every time he screwed up.

 Hey, what can I say? His driving made me feel like a hula bobble head on the dashboard.

When did it become a rule to drag race to the next stop? Or to roll over a ditch when you make a right hand turn? Guess I missed those options in the drivers handbook.

I guess I should have known this would be like this when he got grown. His brother and he would dig holes, fill them with water and one would get "stuck" in the hole and the other would rescue him like a wrecker. Maybe Crash is just reverting to childhood so his brother can be HIS hero again. You see my younger son has Fragile X Syndrome. The only known genetic cause of autism and the most common form of inherited mental retardation in men and boys. Another day I will explain fragile x in more detail but for tonight I am going to go with that explanation for the bad driving..

Nope it couldn't possibly be because his father took him drag racing most weekends as a kid.. Surely that wasn't his insperation for trying to make me a hood ornament tonight, right?

Yes I am going with the hero option. It sounds better and it is something I can be thankful for.

That is all.
Tamilu2u


No comments:

Post a Comment